Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ten Things You Don't Know About Me Part 2!

It’s been a long time since we did a “get to know me” post so I thought I would do a new one. I have no idea if you guys like these but I think they’re fun so we’re doing it!

Ten Things You Don’t Know About Me:

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my all-time favorite movies. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen it. I have both soundtracks and listen to them all year long. I have a ton of the merchandise, including two sets of fingerless gloves, a desk calendar, a messenger bag and the book written by Tim Burton.

2. My favorite classic book is Jane Eyre. If you haven’t read it, I highly recommend it. People talk about Withering Heights and Little Women, but I’m all about Jane Eyre. I actually red it when I was 14 for the first time by accident; I had been working on a history report about Lady Jane Eyre, the Nine Days Queen and couldn’t get my hands on enough stuff about her and didn’t realize the book was about a different Jane Eyre and ended up loving it. My favorite movie version is the one with Orson Wells, it rocks. I haven’t seen the latest one with the girl from Alice in Wonderland, but we may read it for book club and then rent the movie. Sounds awesome to me!

3. The only fake accent I can pull off is an American Southern one. I have tried to do an Irish accent, an English one, an Australian one, nope, can’t do it. But I have to say, if I could do a British Isle accent, I would totally go around talking like that all the time like a crazy person.

4. I have seen every episode of Friends about a dozen times each. My friends and I know it so well we can sneak in Friends jokes and references in our daily conversation. It drives my husband crazy.

5. I can kick over a 250 pound wave bag (a sort of standing punching bag). It’s a pretty cool feeling.

6. I hate shoes but I own a few dozen pairs. I love looking at shoes and buying cute, sexy, fun, gorgeous shoes of all shapes and sizes, but if I could walk around barefoot everywhere I went, I totally would.

7. I currently have six cartoon/comic book characters on my desk, one is in the form of a daily calendar, three are dolls, one is a bobble head and one is a picture holder.

8. I have read each of the Harry Potter books at least ten times and when I found out my husband’s last name was Granger I was very excited to have the same last name as one of the main characters. Oh and by the way, billions of copies sold and people still don’t know how to pronounce Granger. People always try to pronounce it “Grang-ger”. I have no idea why.

9. When I write I listen to music and have the TV on full volume.

10. My favorite nut is walnuts. It seemed important to end on the most important and interesting fact. Seriously though, walnuts rock! Next time you make pesto, omit the stupid pine nuts and try walnuts, ah-maz-ing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment