Saturday, November 5, 2011

First blogaversary!

It’s my Blogaversary! I have no idea what to say other than… thanks for reading for the last year! Sadly, I am still working on that 4th book in my series just like I was this time last year. I have almost 20k words more than I did, so that’s something! I am resolved to have it done by the end of the year though due to the recent, near catastrophic loss of my data this week. I want the book done and backed up on a thumb drive! I’ve been working on so many other projects in the last 12 months so the fourth book took a back seat for a while.

In May I released my first book, Earth, on Halloween I released the sequel, Air. In between there I finished the third book, Water, and got it off to my editor. I’ve churned out a number of short stories under my penname. And I managed to discover a whole new cast of characters and their world, just waiting to be given a story and a life once I finish this fourth book in my Elemental Series. I would like to start working on that project in January but in order to do that I have to have Fire finished.

So I guess I have accomplished some things since that first post. I was published, even though it wasn’t traditionally published, my book is out there and people are reading it and enjoying it. I said I wanted to go to a book signing with people excited to see me, well I had many people vying to win autographed copies of my books and those that won were thrilled, so that was amazing for me! On Goodreads I have 26 ratings, 10 of which are 5 stars and 11 are 4 stars and just the other day I saw a post where a girl was asking for some book recommendations and she listed my book as one of her favorites, MY BOOK! So I think it’s safe to say that I accomplished my last goal of my book being important to other people.

I was kind of afraid to write this post since I knew I hadn’t finished my fourth book like I set out to do when I first started this blog… but now? Now that I’ve looked at my list of goals and how many I managed to accomplish in 12 months... I feel amazing! So! Happy blogaversary to me!

Remember, remember, the 5th of November
The Gunpowder Treason and plot;
I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.


habituallyuncool said...

Congratulations! You have accomplished so much in the past year, damn right you should feel amazing! Here's to many more!

Post a Comment